Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blog Post #1

Hello there, my name is Sherrele Grimes and my major is Elementary Education. I'm from Mobile, Alabama and live like 20 minutes away from campus. However, I stay at the Grove. My mother and I have the same birthday, November 1, therefore we are super close and alike. My family is all about getting a degree and becoming successful. Many of them disagree with my decision of becoming a teacher. However, they don't understand the passion I have for teaching. I want to be the reason a child becomes successful in their future. I want to be responsible for laying that foundation down for them.
Next, I've been taught to give my all and never give up. Therefore, I've been very academically successful. I graduated 3rd in my high school class. Also, I currently have a 3.9 G.P.A. Also, I currently pledged Alpha Kappa Alpha, which I am very proud of and have taken a great interest in. Lastly, I enjoy jazz, tap ,modern, and ballet dance.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sherrele! You and I sound a lot alike. I am also very close with my mom and we also seem to have the same passion for wanting to make a difference in children's lifes! I think students will be very lucky to have a teacher like you. You sound like you are a very hard worker and successful in your studies too. Hope you enjoy this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It saves us about 15 minutes a perso every post day if they combine all sections of an assignment in a single post. If you do not do all sections at once, just save the post instead of publishing it. Then edit it and add another section. When all parts are done, publish you post. This doest not apply to this post but it appears that #2 is separated.

    You birthday is All Saints Day. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that I briefly met you in the lab one day earlier this week, and it was great seeing you living up to your description above. I hope this class becomes and opportunity for you to creatively express your ideas and learn more about why you chose this field. If there is anything I can help you with along the way, please don't be afraid to get in touch with me or any of the other staff members.

    ReplyDelete