Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blog Post #11

blogger



First Graders in Ms.Cassidy's Class and Skype Interview with Ms.Cassidy

First off, I feel Ms. Cassidy is truly an educator. She has drive and you can tell she takes her job seriously. I love that about her! She teaches a first grade class where they use blogs, websites, wikis, and Skype to enhance their learning experience. Blogs are highly beneficial in her class because it allows students to work on their reading and writing. Indeed, they agreed it especially helped with their spelling. I especially love all the support they receive through this class. Without support, students lose the drive to succeed. Therefore, Ms. Cassidy allows her students' family to comment on their blogs.

Skype is also useful for students get the chance to communicate face to face with others like their supporters. They can even discuss what they've learned for the day with students across the world. As a teacher, I will definitely utilize blogs. I know first hand from EDM310 how a blog can enhance someone's learning. As far as complications, I'm sure I'll run into a parent that opposes using internet. I'll simply invite them into my classroom for a day, so they can see first hand that using blogs are harmless. As long as students are aware of the rules and have my guidance, the internet will be a teaching tool.

3 comments:

  1. Sherrele,
    I am glad that you are already considering how you would like to use blogs in your own classroom! It really seems like you can't wait to be a teacher! Parents who are apprehensive about the internet being used in the classroom don't seem to have much faith in their child's teacher and just need to be reassured. If they have any issues with using blogs, I think it would be useful to show them Miss Cassidy's work, or Vicki Davis' classroom video or really any of the things we have covered in this class, as an example of how we would propose that blogs be used in our class. It might give them more confidence! A long time ago parents used to have faith in their teachers but the media has spotlighted so many bad teachers. Good post!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As a teacher, I will definitely utilize blogs." Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrele, I agree with you about her blogs. She does a great job of utilizing them to enhance her students learning experience. I love the way their parents can track their child's progress, and comment on their blog. I could really tell that the kids loved coming to school and learning, and that's what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete