Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blog Post #12

change the world in five mintues



Watch Change the World in 5 Minutes-Everyday at School created by: Tristan Bancks. This video should inspire you and your students to make a positive impact on the world. What is your view on this video? Do u feel it's able to be done weekly?

Change the World in 5 Minutes-Everyday at School is an awesome, eye opener video. The kids look so interested and proud of their impact they are leaving on the world. Monday, they collected cellphones and had them safely recycled due to the fact that they have poisonous substances in them. Tuesday, they used their grown veggies from their garden and fed the class. Wednesday, they went around the school turning off any electrical devices that aren't being utilized. Thursday, they had a mini garage sale. Friday was joke day where they entertained the class. This was an inspiring video that challenges my mind to change the world in five minutes. I feel it can definitely be done if well planned. Lastly, I would love to implement this is my future classroom for it can be educational too. I would allow my students to come up with three of the days and have them give a true explanation on how it would benefit the world.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sherrele! This was a very interesting assignment you came up with. I thought it was pretty cool how the students got into it. They seemed pretty excited that they were making a difference in the world. I think it would be a great idea for all teachers to try and get their students to make some sort of impact on the world and get them excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the video. An addition from Australia! I'll add it next semester. Very positive.

    Well done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrele,
    I'm so glad you shared this! This is a great example of what can be done if people take only a short amount of time to do something productive. 5 minutes over a whole school year can make a huge difference! I really like the idea of taking just a few minutes out to show kids what small measures can add up to! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete