Sunday, July 10, 2011

Special Assignment #2

khan academy


Part 1
Khan Academy is a great website with tons of videos for the public to view. There educational and plus they're free! Plus after learning from one of these lectures, there's hundreds of practice assignments that follow. You learn at your own pace and become educated, what more can you ask for?

Itunes U is an excellent website for Apple users. Itunes gives you free access to some of the world's best thinking—lectures from MIT, labs from Stanford, films from the MOMA, and more. It's very popular for over 800 universities have active Itunes U sites. From lectures to ePub, the options are endless. It's especially useful for teachers and students to work together.

TED stands for technology, entertainment, and design. This website has many great speeches that are inspirational and educational. Awesome site for speakers.

Part 2
The three websites are very beneficial to teachers. With Khan Academy, a teacher can use this website to reinforce a lecture they has for the day. Also, recommend it to struggling students. Itunes U is has great educational podcasts and videos. Lastly, teachers can utilize TED to motivate their students.

Part 3
Khan Academy- An Introduction to Biology
, is a great video for Biology classes introducing DNA. In the video, it broke down DNA and explained what it's made up of. The key to this video was the great details it gave.

Itunes U-Math Flash Cards is an awesome app teachers and parents can download for children. Children use flash cards to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. A very useful app I will utilize.

Ted-Michelle Obama Plea for EducationThe first lady speaks to a girl’s school in the UK on her first official foreign business. She speaks about the importance of strength, dignity, and compassion and the importance of applying these qualities to education. This video was very inspirational and I understood where she came from.

Part 4
Khan Academy would be the most useful site in my opinion. It would be the shoulder I would lean on when my students don't comprehend a lecture. Especially like the fact that it breaks down complex ideas into simple ones.

As far as Itues U, I don't think I'll teach from it often. I won't be a requirement due to the acts only Apple users can use it. Many homes still contain PCs and mp3 players.

TED would be my second choice to lean on. When parents, co workers, and students feel down I will utilize TED for inspiration. In addition, there can be educational videos founded. There's a variety of videos with a variety of purposes.

Part 5
All I can say is I'm very appreciated of this class. I never knew about so many websites that can benefit me! All three websites will be added to my PLN. I'm surprised the most by Khan Academy because so many people don't know anything about this website(including me before this class.) I will try my best to spread the word about this free, educational website. Hopefully, people grades will rise and achievements will be made.

2 comments:

  1. "Itunes U is an excellent website for Apple users." iTunesU is not limited to Apple users. It is available to anyone with a computer and an internet connection.

    "As far as Itues U, I don't think I'll teach from it often. I won't be a requirement due to the acts only Apple users can use it. Many homes still contain PCs and mp3 players." iTunesU can be available through any mp3 player. I'm nit sure where you got the idea that iTines and iTunesU were Apple only. You are wrong about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well thank you Dr. Strange for clearing that up. I should've read more about ItunesU.

    ReplyDelete