Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blog Post #5

podcast dog


Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

Eagle Nest Radio consists of third grade students that are very comfortable with the use of technology. Their podcast topic was on Ancient Romans.After listening,I was surprised to hear how well they pronounced their words.They introduction was very informative and they transitioned smoothly.Before another student held their discussion,the previous student introduced them.Also,throughout the podcast, they explained terms and gave great descriptions.Lastly,I noticed the background music match the theme of Romans,which was a plus.This podcast is very motivational.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale

First off this podcast came with a video and text,which was very helpful.Therefore, I read and watched the video in order to receive the full benefits.It was very informative and I learned tons.First off,I learned the term Millennial.This term described anyone that was born after 1980.If born after 1980, you have not experienced life without technology or a personal computer.Today,Millannials are what we're teaching.Therefore, it's beneficial if we use podcast in our classrooms.A podcast promotes their creativity and innovation.Also, teachers will be able to interact with other students outside the classroom,which is a plus.Lastly,it also benefits parents for they can see and hear the progress their students are making.

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

Before EDM310,I never ever heard of a podcast.I didn't know the purpose of it or how to utilize it. However, after beginning my podcast in Dr.Strange's class and reading Judy's podcast collection, I am no longer confused.Judy explains that podcast is a cross between "broadcast" and "iPod."It's similar to a radio style talk show.I like her description of podcast and will explain it similar when introducing it to my students. hen you think about, talk shows are always fun to watch,so I feel that would intrigue them.Lastly,she advises that the students should spend enough time learning Audacity. I agree with advice because everyone isn't obsessed with technology as some people make it seem.Overall,I received great advice.

3 comments:

  1. I also thought the 3rd graders did an excellent job with their Eagles Nest Radio broadcast about Rome. I enjoyed their show about shark facts too. These students and their teacher have obviously embraced technology. Joe Dale's video was also interesting and, as you said, contains lots of good information. You also had a good take on the info contained on Judy Scharf's site. Very good blog. Thanks! Jeff Raybon EDM 310

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrele,

    You are doing such a great job at staying on top of things. I admire your drive despite how busy you seem to keep yourself. I also LOVE your picture, lol.

    I have read TONS of reactions to these podcast assignments, and it seems impossible to learn something new from them now, but you managed to teach me the date of millennia's and your other points were good too. Keep it up!

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to your podcast. I hope you will make use of what you have learned from these exercises in your podcast. And we will be doing videocasts, the same as a podcast except with video.

    ReplyDelete